- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
- Has a role in maintaining healthy cartilage, tendons and bone
- Necessary for the absorption of Iron from the gut
- Has a role in stabilizing cell membranes
- Has a role in scavaging free radicals which produce oxidative damage in exercising muscles
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)
- Has a role in the metabolism and maintenance of normal muscle and nerve function
- Has a role in assisting in the maintenance of normal appetite and body weight
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Is required for normal general metabolism, growth, and red blood cell production
- Has a role in maintaining integrity of skin, mucous membranes
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
- Involved in general metabolism and red blood cell formation
- Has a role in maintaining normal healthy skin and hair condition
- Vitamine B5 (Pantothenic Acid)
- Has a role in normal energy metabolism, reproduction, growth and nerve function
- Involved in transmission of nerve impulses
- Needed for health of skin and hair
- Involved in red blood cell production
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Has a role in general metabolism, nervous system function, normal healthy skin and vision
- Is involved in red blood cell formation
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Has a role in general metabolism, nervous and reproductive function
- Has a role in blood cell production
- Folic Acid
- Involved in general metabolism
- Involved in the formation of white blood cells, red blood cells, and haemoglobin
- Is involved in metabolism of fats
- Has a role in transmitting nerve impulses
- Sodium and Chloride
- Has a role in maintaining normal electrolyte balance in body tissues during heavy exercise
- Has a role in recovery after strenuous exercise and stimulates thirst
- Has a role in maintaining cellular integrity and healthy nerve and muscle function
- Has a role in muscular contraction, nerve function and relaxation of the heart muscle
- Has a role in general metabolism and nerve function
- Is involved in the normal formation of bones, muscles and teeth
Has a role in iron metabolism, bone development, and maintenance of elastic connective tissue
- Has a role in general metabolism, the formation of bone and teeth
- Is involved in maintenance of nervous function
Has a role in normal growth and maintenance of bones, teeth, nervous system, muscle function, blood clotting mechanism and cardiac function
- Has a role in maintaining normal metabolism
- Is a component of haemoglobin in red blood cells
Has a role in general metabolism, development of bone, cartilage and connective tissue
- Has a role in general growth and metabolism, healthy coat, skin, mucous membranes, and hooves.
- Is required for normal bone and cartilage development
- Histidine, Lysine, Phenylalanine and Glutamic Acid
- Are involved in normal growth
- Are involved in normal protein synthesis and energy production
Has a role in promoting release of metabolic hormones – insulin and growth hormone involved in the immune response
Aids liver in detoxification mechanisms
Required for normal growth, feed conversion and nitrogen balance in tissues
- Has a role in normal growth and the synthesis of Niacin (vitamin B3)
- Has a role in relaxing nervous horses
- Carnitine and Aspartic Acid
Provide energy and delays the accumulation of lactic acid and muscle cell fatigue – improves performance in both speed and endurance athletes.
Protect muscle cells from damage, and tying-up.
- Glutamic Acid
Plays a role in decreasing blood lactate and delaying muscle fatigue.
- Isoleucine, Leucine, and Valine
Are involved in normal growth.
Are involved in normal protein synthesis and energy production.
Increase endorphin levels in the brain – endorphins cause euphoria and deaden pain.
Has a role in promoting growth hormone release.
Increases creatine levels.
Plays a role in promoting growth hormone release.
Has a role in relaxing nervous horses.